Wednesday, July 16, 2014

DIY: Longer Lasting Yankee Candles

Hey guys! Soo today I wanted to share with you a little trick I've learnt, as you all may know, Yankee candles can be pricey at times, but, I have found a way to do it a lot cheaper, with the same brand, and it still lasts longer than the big candles! It's also cuter in my opinion too!

What you will need:

  • A candle burner, an example is shown above 
  • A tealight
  • A sample of a Yankee candle of your choice 

You can get candle burners(I'm not too sure if this is their actual name) from pretty much anywhere, I got mine from a local home goods store, but I have seen them in supermarkets, candle shops(may be pricier here) and many other places. They're quite inexpensive too, mine was around £4-5, which works out cheaper in the long run! 

So what you're gonna do is place your sample of the Yankee candle you chose in the top of the candle, the one I chose is 'Summer Scoop' by Yankee Candles, as you can use other samples if you'd like, and it was priced at £1.25. This is on of my personal favorites as it smells soo good and summery. It looks cute with the pastel color too! The tea-lights were also inexpensive, coming in a pack with around 30 for only £1.50!












So once you've placed the candle sample in the top, taking the packaging off first obviously haha, place a lit tealight in the 'cave' as I like to call it, of the candle burner. And wait for the candle sample to start melting, the smell comes off a lot stronger than the normal candles this way too, so it's a great DIY! Once the tealight has finished burning, the candle sample will harden, ready for when you next burn it. The smell stays a long time after too which is another plus! But remember to be careful as the melted mixture will be extremely hot, so keep away from pets or children. 

I got my longer lasting 'candle' for about £7-8, bargain! When usually, it would cost me around 10-15 pounds just to get a medium Yankee candle, that lasts no where near as long as this way does! You can get so many burns out of the mixture, and you could even stock up on different samples you want to try as they're so inexpensive and easy to use. So this way is prettier and can be a home decoration, longer lasting candle and smells amazing since the smell comes off so much stronger than the big candles!

Let me know if you use this trick and if you want more DIYs like this!:)


Georgia x 

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird