Monday, July 14, 2014

Retreating To Nature

So last year, in November I traveled to Centre Parcs with family for a small get away, at the time we were all feeling rather down and needed a holiday since it was long overdue! Now I know this isn't a recent event, but I was not a blogger at the time and I felt that the pictures I took while on vacation there were quite beautiful and therapeutic, I'd love to go there again! I wish I'd took photos of the lovely cabins we stayed in, living in a forest for a week was so beautifully beautiful haha!


 We went on a boat on the lake, a paddle/peddle boat? I don't know haha! But it was so relaxing and beautiful, and a rather a big achievement for me since I am extremely scared of water! I loved how in this picture the reflection of the trees showed in the water and the ripples of the water make it slightly blurry, it's beautiful, count how many times I say that word in this post haha. In the picture you can see the balconies of the river side cabins, unfortunately we didn't stay in those cabins, since it was our first time staying there we just thought it would be nice to be lost in the forest somewhere, and it was still a great experience. Ducks would come knock on our patio door on a morning for food, yes, I said knock! It was so cute, there were also lovely multicolored pheasants wandering around the cabins, it was so astonishing and a wonderful experience to be so close to nature.

This photo again was on the lake, but it shows the restaurant that was kinda built on the lake, cool hey! But I loved the reflection of the building in the water, like the trees, but I prefer this reflection as it almost fades into the water. As we paddled around the lake, there were swans and ducks swimming with us, it was cute and amazing at the same time.

Here's another picture of the lake from the walkway to the main building of Centre Parcs, where the shops, restaurants and the gigantic swimming pool is located! And there's the boats we rented to paddle on the lake. I love this picture because of the sand and the boats add some color, considering the lake is such a dark tone, it was originally like this! These photos have barely been edited. I also love how you can see the outer side of the enclosed forest which we lived in for our stay to the back of the lake, it looks so beautiful and it's a nature overload!

This photo was taken just by the previous photo, just simply turned a few degrees. The reflection looks so cool, water can be amazingly beautiful. The little balcony kinda thing over the lake was where they set off hundreds, yes hundreds, of fireworks, since we stayed during bonfire night. The total firework show lasted over 10 minutes, and somehow, I was amazed every second, with different fireworks creating different designs in the sky every time, there was such a wide range.

It was hard to photograph the fireworks since they moved so fast, but I did try haha, but we mostly videoed it to capture the every design and movement since there was so much going on, and excuse the random peoples heads, I'm small haha.


I did forget to show that there was another pond, or maybe it was connected to the lake I'm not really sure haha! But there was water that's all I know!
It shows part of the main centre inside area, but overall Centre Parcs was an amazing experience despite the little activities we did it was still beautiful and even just a walk around the forest was soo therapeutic. I'd love to go back there some time and take more photos as there were so many potential places to photograph.

So yeah I hope you enjoyed this different kind of blog post and if you would like more posts like this(walks, day in the lifes) then let me knoww:)

Georgia x

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird